Welcome to my blog Life in Poetry.
This blog is FREE, it is not ad-supported, so block them. The cookies unfortunately are powered directly by Blogger and WordPress, so can’t do anything about them.
Welcome to the 2020 APRIL A to Z Challenge
Half-Way there, Hang On.
Quote of the Day : If you trust yourself, you will inspire trust in others
if you would like to know more about the A to Z Challenge, founded 11 years ago by Arlee Bird at Tossing Out, read here
for my theme revealed , go here on Blogger
On WordPress, read here
Q will be a day to answer all your questions on my novel in progress, so feel free to write them down in your comment, on any day till then. On the 20th April, I will compile all the questions and answer each one on my Q post. No Questions from you so I decided to ask Paull, budding journalist to devise a Q&A session on the writing of my novel that you can find below.
Brief synopsis of plot and characters :
Mathilda, my first main character, is American and lives in New York City. She is a student at NYU where she is preparing a thesis on the origins and developments of African American Music. She is a first person narrator. Her timeframe is 2005. In my previous extracts, Mathilda has travelled to New Orleans, Jekyll Island and Hattiesburg.
Bartolomé, my second main character, is Cameroonian and lives in Yaoundé. He is a professor of Mathematics at the University there. I will be using a third-person narrator for this character from his Point of View. His timeframe is the early ’90’s. In my previous extracts, Bartolomé has made a trip up North for his grand-father’s funeral and decided to leave Yaoundé behind for good.
Journalist’s questions :
1) When did you first get the idea for this novel ?
2) What have you being doing for the past 15 years ?
3) You say on your Blogger Profile that you are a travel addict. Did your travels inspire you to write your novel ? Which trips in particular ?
4) In lots of your posts, you add links to music. How important is music in your novel ?
5) Are the characters people that you have met in real life ?
6) Why the 90’s and 2000’s ?
7) Why did you choose to make Mathilda a first-person narrator and Bartolomé a third-person narrator ?
8) Do your other writings play a part in the novel ?
9) Have you considered writing this story in poetic form ?
Interview by Paul Rouchard student in Journalism at Nice University
I like to write to music
Supertramp, Live Paris 1979, Logical, listen here
It’s Raining Again, official video here
Fool’s Overture, here
Two of Us, watch here ( extract Melancholia, Lars Von Trier ).
I like to write overlooking the Meadow
at our farmhouse in the Dordogne, June 2019.
Or sitting in my deckchair
in my garden in Toulouse, February 2020.
or on the terrace at Hotel Capri,
Sitges Barcelona, May 2019
Or at my desk in Toulouse, February 2020
overlooking the garden
and the sunset
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed this insight into my writer’s life.
See you tomorrow for another extract from said Novel in Progress.